Downtown Middletown Manager Position Available
Downtown Middletown Inc. seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the principal onsite manager of Downtown Middletown, Inc., a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, formed to promote and revitalize downtown Middletown, Ohio. The position will be the lead person in assisting with those development and revitalization efforts using the four strategic areas of The National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Main Street Program: Organization, Design, Promotion, and Economic Restructuring as its fundamental operational framework.
Remuneration consistent with experience.
- Help attract new business investment
Following the City of Middletown’s, Downtown Strategic Plan (and other prior relevant work), coordinate with key development stakeholders to attract new business investment.
Coordinate support as appropriate to help retain and grow existing businesses, mainly, help property owners and businesses enhance the quality of space.
- Promote downtown regionally and locally:
Promote existing venues and activities; work to enhance / expand them;
Coordinate individual event efforts for greater impact
Be downtown’s lead advocate; speak as one coordinated voice;
Communicate among all players to create a synergy of activity across the community
- Establish and guide downtown committees (Main Street model)
Provide technical assistance to committees to help develop work plans and budgets
Coordinate work among all committees and also among other groups with downtown interests
We are seeking a professional individual:
- With demonstrated experience in business, development, marketing or related field, and with specific experience independently managing projects and coordinating among broad groups of diverse stakeholders.
- With educational credentials of a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and relevant professional credentials.
Submit a letter, no longer than one page, with your resume. Please check our website at www.downtownmiddletown.org for additional information regarding Downtown Middletown, Inc.