Heritage Home Program of the Cleveland Restoration Society
Preservation Construction Specialist
The Cleveland Restoration Society (CRS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of historic resources in greater Cleveland’s seven-county region. CRS advocates for the preservation of historic landmarks; promotes awareness of historic resources through educational programs and publications; and sponsors events for its members. CRS operates the Heritage Home Program which is a rehabilitation and renovation assistance program that provides technical assistance and low interest loans to owners of older residential property in Cuyahoga and other Ohio counties.
CRS is accepting applications for the position of Preservation Construction Specialist. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works with other Heritage Home Program staff. Salary and benefits are competitive. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on this position Click Here!
Downtown Painesville Organization Hiring Executive Director
The Downtown Painesville Organization is looking for an energetic, imaginative and self-motivated director for AN economic development organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a historic revitalization program within the downtown business district.
Resumes should be submitted with cover letter expressing interest and three professional references by October 20, 2014
Downtown Painesville Organization
One Victoria Place #265A
Painesville, OH 44077
Founded in 2007, the Downtown Painesville Organization is a 501c3 non-profit revitalizing Painesville’s historic core via the Ohio Main Street Program. Based in historic preservation, the Main Street approach was developed by the National Trust for Historic Preservation to save America’s traditional downtowns. The Executive Director’s responsibilities include a broad range of economic development activities. The Executive Director must be creative, entrepreneurial and adaptable to the changing needs of the organization.
The Executive Director coordinates the activities of the downtown revitalization program and is responsible for the development, conduct, execution and documentation of the Main Street Program in accordance with Heritage Ohio and the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Main Street Program. The executive director is the principal on-site staff person responsible for coordinating all project activities locally as well as for representing the community regionally and nationally as appropriate. In addition, the executive director should help guide the organization as it grows and as its objectives evolve.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Full-time advocate for the downtown and primary coordinator of the Main Street program’s activities
• Oversees daily operations, providing the hands-on involvement critical to a successful program.
• Coordinates a wide range of projects, from supervising promotional activities to managing internship program and volunteer projects
• Working cooperatively with the local community to develop and implement a local action plan and timetable which includes public and private activities and events.
• Assisting individual merchants and property owners with design and construction of physical restoration projects.
• Preparing and maintaining a continuing record of Downtown Painesville Organization activities
• Other duties as directed by Board of Directors
RECOMMENDED EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. Experience or education related to architecture, historic preservation, economics, finance, public relations, design, journalism, planning, business administration, public administration, retailing, volunteer or nonprofit administration and/or small business development preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading teams and/or projects.
- Strong written, oral, and organizational skills
- High level of technical ability with strong working knowledge of computer software programs such as desktop publishing, graphic design, website administration, and Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to manage websites and social media content such as Facebook, Twitter
- Experience with event planning, fundraising and government relations preferred
Responsible for managing interns and numerous volunteer groups and committees.
OTHER: Some travel may be required. Drug test and background check required. Must physically be able to lift 50 pounds. Extensive walking required. Frequent weekend and evening responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits Dependent on Qualifications
2,005 total views, 3 views today