The mission of Main Street Medina (MSM) is to lead the effort for preservation, economic sustainability, and continued evolution of the historic district as the heart of the community.
The Executive Director supports that mission by coordinating activities within a downtown revitalization program that utilizes historic preservation as an integral foundation for the Uptown/Medina Historic District’s economic development. The Main Street Medina Executive Director is responsible for the development, conduct, execution, compliance, and documentation of the Main Street Medina program. The Executive Director is responsible for coordinating all programmatic, marketing, and fundraising activities, as well as representing the community regionally and nationally as needed.
Specific duties include –
“Face” of MSM / Community engagement activities:
· Assist the MSM’s Board of Directors and committees in developing an annual action plan for implementing an Historic District revitalization program and activities that focus on these areas: supporting economic development of the Historic District and promoting and marketing the development and rich history of Medina’s Uptown Square and MSM.
· Attend all MSM Board and committee meetings; maintain and encourage positive working relationships with all Historic District business owners, organizations and property owners; attend other City meetings as needed.
· Participate in relevant training / professional development / media events, locally and nationally.
· Oversee and be a strong presence at MSM special events and fundraising activities.
· Oversee the operations of the Medina Farmers Market.
Economic development support:
· Direct efforts to recruit businesses, retain and expand existing businesses, and provide information, expertise, and appropriate referrals to business owners.
· Direct efforts to market the Historic District to outside businesses by working with City personnel, the Medina Chamber of Commerce, realtors, and building owners to enhance the quality of retail and commercial space.
· Facilitate development strategies that are based on historic preservation and economic stability.
Administrative / Organizational:
· Coordinate the activities of the MSM program committees, ensuring effective communication among committees and with the Board; assist committee volunteers with implementation of work plan activities.
· Manage all administrative aspects of the Main Street program, including purchasing; record keeping; budget development and tracking; accounting; preparing all reports required by Heritage Ohio and national Main Street programs; assisting with the preparation of reports to funding agencies and grant applications relative to the District; and supervising employees or consultants working on these activities. Monitor records and documents to ensure compliance at state and federal levels.
· Develop funding sources and sponsors/fundraising opportunities for program support and the expansion of the MSM program.
· Oversee employees, currently 2 part-time personnel. Oversee the Farmers Market Manager. Coordinate and manage volunteers.
Marketing and promotions:
· Work closely with local and Cleveland/Akron area media to ensure maximum coverage of MSM activities; be familiar with and encourage graphic and design excellence in all aspects of promotion, in order to advance the MSM program.
· Coordinate basic design and placement of MSM promotions and news in proper outlets. Historically, the MSM ED has launched a minimum of 150 press releases per year.
· Maintain and update MSM website and other social media outlets, with strong emphasis on Facebook; be active on other MSM-appropriate outlets.
· Be a capable and engaging presence in the community and region; able to effectively create engagement opportunities through MSM.
Design and preservation:
· Build partnerships to create a consistent revitalization program and develop effective management and leadership within the Historic District.
· Encourage preservation of historic building stock, interfacing with relevant Medina city and county officials, as well as other committees (ex. Community Design Committee).
Other duties as assigned.
Must be entrepreneurial, energetic, well-organized, a self-starter able to facilitate cooperation between multiple interest groups/stakeholders, as well as independent, with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
Deep knowledge of historic preservation, as well as a thorough understanding of nonprofit management/direction and nonprofit culture.
Articulate; outstanding public speaking and written communication skills.
Able to work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends, with occasional overnight travel.
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent job knowledge and skills. Deep knowledge of historic preservation.
National Main Street Certification is desirable.
All Microsoft Office Suite software, including PowerPoint and Publisher. Ability with Illustrator and Adobe a plus.
Able to lift/move 50 pounds and stand or walk for long periods of time.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, by May 20th. Please include salary requirements within the cover letter.
Please, no phone calls to the Main Street Medina office.
886 total views, 2 views today
2,357 total views, no views today
Join us in Medina, rain or shine, for Heritage Ohio’s second annual Old House Fair. Whether you come for the artisan demonstrations, vendor displays, the Old House Fair Olympics, or to explore a beautiful historic downtown, you’ll enjoy this fun learning opportunity. Tickets are just $10 and available for purchase here!
WHEN: May, 7, 2016 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
TICKETS: $10 per person, ages 12 and under are free. Tickets can be purchased here or at the door.
But wait, there’s more! We’ll have a special Pre-Old House Fair Reception featuring Bernice on Friday, May 6, beginning at 6:00 PM at Root Candles. You can learn more and buy tickets for just $25 to attend here.
1,827 total views, 2 views today
1,703 total views, no views today
The Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) seeks a motivated, well-organized and experienced individual to fill the position of Vice President. This senior level position is critical to the continued success of CDFA’s education, advocacy, research, resources and networking efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic person to contribute to a great organization, working to create economic prosperity across the country.
To view the complete listing, click here.
2,269 total views, 1 views today
Heritage Ohio’s Annual Revitalization & Preservation Conference will be held October 10-12, 2016 in Cincinnati Ohio.
Sessions will be 30, 60 or 75 minutes. The audience at the conference is expected to be 300. With concurrent sessions we would project 30-45 participants in an individual session.
The audience is made up of: Main Street managers, main street board members, revitalization activists, municipal staff members, economic development professionals, historic preservation activists, developers, and preservation consultants. Session selections will be made by March 15, 2016. Selection criteria will be focused on downtown revitalization strategies, activity based sessions will be prioritized.
Submissions should include:
* Session Description not to exceed 150 words
* Proposed session length (30- 60-75 minutes)
* Presenter biography not to exceed 150 words
* Four learning objectives which may be used for continuing education credits
* Engaging Proposed Session Title
* Prior conference/ presentation speaking experience
* Merchandizing and Window Display
* Effective Business Recruitment Techniques
* Effective volunteer recruitment and motivation
* Buy Local Strategies
* Effective Revitalization Strategies
* Making Effective use of work plans
* Using Web Tools for downtown revitalization
* Funding downtown revitalization programs
Conference space and time is limited. Sessions should be engaging, fun and offer new twists on old ways of doing things. Session proposals will be ranked by a group of 30 veteran conference participants.
How to Submit Your Proposal: Submissions may be entered using the form below, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or may be mailed to Heritage Ohio 846 ½ E. Main Street Columbus, OH 43205.
Submission Due Date: February 29, 2016
2,374 total views, 2 views today
336 total views, no views today
402 total views, 1 views today
311 total views, 1 views today
291 total views, no views today