Main Street Wadsworth Hiring New Executive Director
Main Street Wadsworth, a non-profit working to preserve and promote the historic downtown business district, seeks an Executive Director. After a wildly successful 10-year run as an events-focused organization that has generated renewed interest in the City’s historic downtown, Downtown Wadsworth has become an official Main Street organization. The organization seeks a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of leading this organization, alongside its Board of Directors, and to implement ideas, projects and events necessary to revitalize downtown Wadsworth and sustain its viability.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: historic preservation, finance, public relations, economic development, marketing or planning;
– A background in non-profit development, fundraising and grant writing;
– An appreciation for and an understanding of historic preservation, business development and community involvement;
– The ability to communicate effectively with city leaders, business owners and volunteers alike;
– An understanding of the issues facing business and property owners, public agencies, and community organizations;
– Excellent organization skills and be enthusiastic, creative and capable of functioning in an independent environment; and
– Superior written and verbal communication skills and a knowledge base of both social and traditional media.
To apply, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by Friday, January 27, 2017, to Mr. Daniel Slife– by email to email@example.com — or by mail to 168 Broad St., Wadsworth, Ohio 44281. A detailed job description can be viewed at www.mainstreetwadsworth.org.
23,737 total views, 2 views today